PRIMARY END POINT
Composite of cardiovascular death or hospital admission for worsening heart failure
SECONDARY END POINT
Mortality & hospitalization outcomes
- all-cause death, any cardiovascular death, death from heart failure.
- hospital admission for worsening heart failure, all-cause admission to hospital, any cardiovascular admission, and the composite of cardiovascular death, hospital admission for worsening heart failure, or hospital admission for nonfatal myocardial infarction.
(All of these outcomes were analyzed on a time-to-first-event basis.)
- composite of cardiovascular death or hospital admission for worsening heart failure in patients receiving at least 50% of the target daily dose of a β-blocker (as defined by the European Society of Cardiology guidelines) at randomization.
- changes in functional capacity were assessed by the New York Heart Association (NYHA) classification as well as by patient-reported and physician-reported global assessment.1
1. Swedberg K, et al. Lancet. 2010;376(9744):875-885.