Ivabradine is recommended as an option for treating chronic heart failure for people:1
- with New York Heart Association (NYHA) class II to IV stable chronic heart failure
- with systolic dysfunction and
- who are in sinus rhythm with a heart rate of 75 beats per minute (bpm) or more and
- who are given ivabradine in combination with standard therapy including betablocker therapy, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and aldosterone antagonists, or when beta-blocker therapy is contraindicated or not tolerated and
- with a left ventricular ejection fraction of 35% or less.